Monday, June 11, 2007

I don't have a map

I don't have a map and I love it. I feel like having a map doesn't really help me with anything because I don't know the subway system and bus routes in Rome. That means that I'm simply always wandering, even when I need to be at a precise place at a certain time I end up there somehow after long wandering. I think I don't use maps because I'm the type of person who learns a route visually by looking at my surroundings. I don't memorize streets, I memorize my path and the things I see along on the way. So basically a map is not much help for me because I learn things by personally and physically experiencing them and not by following some lines on a piece of paper. In a sense, I do have a map, a map that is internal and one that only I can follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home