Monday, May 28, 2007

INVISIBLE CITY

When looking at all the pictures I have taken, the picture which makes me think of invisible city is the picture I took of the metro. It is covered in graffiti. I’m not exactly sure how all the metros get covered in graffiti since they are always moving. I believe it is something that Italians are not really proud of .In my mind graffiti is associated with the ghetto or a bad neighborhood where street wanderers have nothing better to do than to vandalize property. So to me the graffiti is something we see that the Italians might not want us to see. I actually like the metro here in Rome, i feel safe on the metro unlike on the subway systems of America. The chance of being in danger seems less of a possibility than in Philadelphia. I feel (and hope) like the worst thing that could happen is that a pick pocket could sneak something out of my bag. I don't think about getting mugged or held up at gun point when I use the public transportation in Rome. Taking the bus, tram and metro is sort of a vacation from driving since I drive everywhere at home.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home